Sep 25, 2014

Christmas Countdown 2014

I glanced at my calendar this morning and noticed the date and then went about my business for the day.

But, then a few hours later, it struck me... there is exactly 3 months until Christmas!

How crazy is that? I have no idea where 2014 went and can't believe that it's already time for me to start planning out our Christmas. (I do this 2-3 months in advance just because I like to be super planned and not stressed out during the holidays).

So, I sat down today and I wrote down a Christmas gift checklist to see who I will be buying gifts for this year. Not much has changed from last year, but my daughter started kindergarten this year so I did have to add her teacher to the list as well a small treat/gift bag for her class as well.

I also noticed that the Christmas movies are starting super early this year as well.

I was watching a movie on the Hallmark channel last week and it had a commercial stating the Countdown to Christmas starts Oct 31 with the premier of a new Christmas movie.

Um... am I the only person that thinks Halloween is too early for Christmas movies? I know that I like to start planning the holiday out and even start my Christmas shopping in October, but I'm not ready for Christmas movies yet.

Actually, last year I sort of got burned out on Christmas movies before Christmas was even here. This year I may just wait and not turn on the Hallmark Channel until after Thanksgiving since they usually replay all the movies they premier in November again in December.

So, have you started your Christmas planning yet this year? Any really big gift or party plans with you and your family this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment